We are thrilled that you have decided to enter the dynamic and highly successful beauty industry. Your first step is to set an appointment with one of our highly trained admissions representatives who will review the variety of courses that our Academies offer.
Classes Begin Every 8 Weeks. Classes Start Soon! Scroll down for our next orientation and start dates.
Cosmetology, Barbering, Esthetician, Manicuring and Teacher Trainee Programs Taught in English only.
1. Complete an entrance interview and attend orientation with a college staff member.
2. All students must have either a high school diploma/High School Transcript or GED for the Cosmetology & Barbering, Esthetician, Manicuring and Teacher Training Program and be 17 years old prior to State testing.
3. A Cosmetology, Barbering, Esthetician, or Manicuring license is required for the Teacher Training program.
4. The Teacher Training program is offered at the both locations.
COVID-19 Impact: BJ’s Beauty & Barber College continues to enroll students
BJ’s Beauty & Barber College will now conduct
Online Orientation and Enrollment!!
Tuesday, August 4, 2020; @ 10:00 am Enrollment documents due, August 10, 2020, by 12:00 pm
Tuesday, October 6, 2020; @ 10:00 am Enrollment documents due, October 12, by 12:00 pm
Enrollment Documents Required
- Complete contact form to receive Zoom Link to Orientation
- 2020-2021 FAFSA, if Grant or Direct Loan Financial Aid needed
- High School Diploma, Transcript, or GED
- Driver’s License or picture ID
- Social Security Card
- Green Car, if applicable
- Citizenship Papers, if applicable
- Tax transcripts for 2018 and 2019 for you and your parent(s), if applicable (see instructions below)
Once you have all of the above documents, take a picture and email information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Final Documentation Signing Dates:
September 1, 2020
October 27, 2020
Class Start Dates:
September 8, 2020
November 3, 2020
To apply for Financial Aid, you will need to complete 2020/21 FAFSA. You will need a copy of your 2018 income tax return, click the link; our school code is 017065. https://fafsa.gov/ This document will process and be available to our office after five business days. Please forward your FAFSA email@example.com
For verification, we also need Official Tax Transcripts from the IRS (or signed tax return). The following link will take you to the IRS site. https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-tra/start.do You will need to complete the form twice. Request your 2018 and 2019 Tax Transcripts (not tax account). Request your parent(s) if you are a dependent (under 24 years of age by 12/31/19).
If you plan to attend school at Tacoma or Puyallup please attend Orientation at Tacoma
Tacoma BJ’s Beauty & Barber College
5239 South Tacoma Way
Tacoma WA 98409
Starting Time: 9:00 a.m.
BJ’s Beauty & Barber Colleges or Cascade Beauty College do not offer any student housing assistance. There are many apartment units available within commuting distance of both colleges.
Through ethical educational practices, we train the students of today to find fulfillment in their future and prepare them for careers in the professions of cosmetology, barbering, manicuring, esthetics and teaching. Our goal is to make successful tax paying citizens of our students.
Statement of Educational Purpose & Objectives
1. To develop knowledge, understanding, skill and appreciation of the theory and practice of this industry.
2. To develop habits of doing skills properly in the interest of safety, sanitation and personal hygiene for one’s self and others.
3. To develop habits of good workmanship and the orderly performance of the various tasks performed in a shop/salon.
4. To impart the knowledge of and to develop the technical skills required in the practice of hair designing.
5. To learn to select wisely, care for and use properly, the commercial products that are related to the application of cosmetic treatment in the salon.
6. To encourage growth and desire to keep abreast of the new and unique developments in the practice of hair designing.
7. To encourage ideals and attitudes of willingness to cooperate with the employer, employees and clients.
8. To encourage the student to strive for the establishment of methodical habits of performance.
9. To develop an appreciation of the scientific contributions to the progress of hair designing.
10. To develop the required knowledge and skills to prepare for the State Board Examinations in order to obtain a license to practice the art of Cosmetology, Barbering and Teacher.
Orientation & Phase I Training
Orientation is required prior to enrollment. Plan on approximately 2 – 2 ½ hours. Cosmetology basic training is approximately seven weeks. Barbering basic training is approximately three weeks; Tacoma location only. Esthetic basic training is approximately three weeks; Teacher Training is approximately six weeks. Offered at both Campuses.
The content and policies outlined in this catalog are certified to be true and correct by the owners of these colleges.