We are thrilled that you have decided to enter the dynamic and highly successful beauty industry. Your first step is to set an appointment with one of our highly trained admissions representatives who will review the variety of courses that our Academies offer.
Classes Begin Every 8 Weeks. Classes Start Soon! Scroll down for our next orientation and start dates.
Cosmetology, Barbering, Esthetician, Manicuring and Teacher Trainee Programs Taught in English only.
1. Complete an entrance interview and attend orientation with a college staff member.
2. All students must have either a high school diploma/High School Transcript or GED for the Cosmetology & Barbering, Esthetician, Manicuring and Teacher Training Program and be 17 years old prior to State testing.
3. A Cosmetology, Barbering, Esthetician, or Manicuring license is required for the Teacher Training program.
4. The Teacher Training program is offered at the both locations.
2018 / 2019 Start Dates:
Orientation – October 16
Classes Start – November 6
Orientation – December 18
Classes Start – January 8
Orientation – February 12
Classes Start – March 5
Orientation – April 16
Classes Start – May 7
Orientation – June 18
Classes Start – July 9
Orientation – August 13
Classes Start – September 3
Orientation – October 15
Classes Start – November 5
If you plan to attend school at Tacoma or Puyallup please attend Orientation at Tacoma
Tacoma BJ’s Beauty & Barber College
5239 South Tacoma Way
Tacoma WA 98409
Starting Time: 9:00 a.m.
BJ’s Beauty & Barber Colleges or Cascade Beauty College do not offer any student housing assistance. There are many apartment units available within commuting distance of both colleges.
Through ethical educational practices, we train the students of today to find fulfillment in their future and prepare them for careers in the professions of cosmetology, barbering, esthetics and teaching. Our goal is to make successful tax paying citizens of our students.
Statement of Educational Purpose & Objectives
1. To develop knowledge, understanding, skill and appreciation of the theory and practice of this industry.
2. To develop habits of doing skills properly in the interest of safety, sanitation and personal hygiene for one’s self and others.
3. To develop habits of good workmanship and the orderly performance of the various tasks performed in a shop/salon.
4. To impart the knowledge of and to develop the technical skills required in the practice of hair designing.
5. To learn to select wisely, care for and use properly, the commercial products that are related to the application of cosmetic treatment in the salon.
6. To encourage growth and desire to keep abreast of the new and unique developments in the practice of hair designing.
7. To encourage ideals and attitudes of willingness to cooperate with the employer, employees and clients.
8. To encourage the student to strive for the establishment of methodical habits of performance.
9. To develop an appreciation of the scientific contributions to the progress of hair designing.
10. To develop the required knowledge and skills to prepare for the State Board Examinations in order to obtain a license to practice the art of Cosmetology, Barbering and Teacher.
Orientation & Phase I Training
Orientation is required prior to enrollment. Plan on approximately 2 – 2 ½ hours. Cosmetology basic training is approximately seven weeks. Barbering basic training is approximately three weeks; Tacoma location only. Esthetic (Puyallup location only) basic training is approximately three weeks; Teacher Training is approximately six weeks. Offered at both Campuses.
The content and policies outlined in this catalog are certified to be true and correct by the owners of these colleges.